Thu, 04 Apr|
Ashton Market Hall
Cancer Hub with Cancer Research UK nurses Ashton Market Hall
Free, friendly, face-to-face cancer and health information from Cancer Research UK nurses at Ashton Market Hall
Time & Location
04 Apr 2019, 10:00 – 16:00
Ashton Market Hall, Ashton Market Hall, Ashton-under-Lyne OL6 6BZ, UK
About The Event
From Thursday 4th April you’ll have opportunities to visit Cancer Research UK nurses in Ashton Market Hall for an informal conversation about cancer – how to minimise the risks, spot the symptoms and get help early if you think you may need it.
Where and when?
The Cancer Research UK roadshow will be open in Ashton Market Hall 10am-4pm on the following Thursdays between now and November 2019:
April 4th and 18th
August 8th and 22nd
September 5th and 19th
October 17th and 31st
November 14th and 28th
What can you do?
You’ll be able to:
• Turn up on the day without an appointment, to talk with dedicated cancer nurses or just pick up information.
• Schedule a repeat visit to get ongoing support.
• Have your body mass index (BMI) tested to show if you’re in a healthy weight range – and get advice and tips about what to do if you’re not.
• If you’re a smoker, take a Smokerlyzer test, which shows how much carbon monoxide is in the breath, and get advice on quitting smoking.
The service is completely free and confidential.
This video will tell you more.
What if I can’t make it?
If you can’t visit the Cancer UK roadshow, you can get more information about the signs and symptoms of cancer from the NHS website.
• Experts estimate around 4 in 10 cases of cancer could be prevented each year in the UK – so understanding the symptoms, and what to do about them, is really important.
• You should see your GP if you notice any unusual or persistent changes to your body.
• You can reduce your risk of cancer through changes like stopping smoking, reducing alcohol intake and keeping a healthy weight.